Bookreader Item Preview
- Publication date
- Society of Friends, Political science, Monarchy, United States -- Politics and government 1775-1783
- Girard, Kan. : Appeal to Reason
- University of California Libraries
- 2006-11-28 17:30:38
- Call number
- Evidence reported by scanner-ian-white for item commonsense00painrich on November 28, 2006: no visible notice of copyright; exact publication date unknown.
- abbyy-to-hocr 1.1.37
- Possible copyright status
- Full catalog record
Subject: This is the book that inspired the American Revolution
"Divinity" of the Kings had been used to justify amazing cruelties and greed. Also it was the Age of Enlightenment- which meant rejecting superstition and favoring science. (we backslid a bit recently on that).. In any case apparently almost *every* Revolutionary Soldier had either read Common Sense, or listened to readings of it (not everybody was literate.) This is worth the read. You'de make George Washington proud.
For users with print-disabilities
Uploaded by scanner-ian-white on